Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Growing Kids!

Oh... they grow so fast! Years ago my grandkids mother wrote their heights on a section of the kitchen wall because we were in a hurry to get them measured before they went home... we had good intentions of getting a really nice piece of wood and marking the measurements there. To make a long story short... or maybe longer... we got lazy and took an old piece of floor trim to transfer the marks so I could wash the wall... today, that ugly old piece of trim is the first thing the 6 year old runs for when she visits to see if she is taller than the last time she visited (sometimes only 2 weeks ago.. lol!).

So, when I saw the grow charts by Creative Imaginations, I bought 5 and started getting them ready to transfer heights into!! I will give them to the kids when they graduate. Here are some of the photos... there are 8 different pages on each chart so I didn't do them all - this is just to give you an idea of what they're like. I love that they come with self stick measuring tape.

This is the youngest of the grandkids so her chart is still pretty short! I've done a little decorating on the rest of the pages and now I just need for her to grow and get older!
She is such a sweet little baby.

And a happy little girl!

3 comments:

Helen said...

What a nice thing to do Lois! Love this!!!

Jo said...

omg, what a cute idea!!! they are going to love these!!!

Cyndi said...

Awesome idea! Love it!